Tyre not inspected before use. The presence of combustible material over time produces a gas that causes a pyrolysis explosion.
Credible Failure mode is addressed by:
- BI.02.11 Wheel assembly component inspection before first use or re use
- BI.03.02 Protocols for all aspects of wheel assembly maintenance and tyre repair
- BI.03.05 Routine tyre and wheel component inspection before assembly
- BI.03.06 Wheel assembly protocols include component cleaning, inspection and identification.
- BI.03.13 Multiple Tyre Acceptance Inspections
CFM02.12 – Failure to inspect: foreign combustible material left in tyre
Last Updated: 19/08/2020 01:47:47am