Brief note detailing the facts surrounding a fatal accident where a LV was run over by a Dozer.
Initial causal factors appear to be:
- LV approach was not known by dozer operator
- Unclear rules and requirements for approaching working dozers
- Lack of proximity alarm/protection on the Dozer
The incident occurred on the 12th of August, 2019
Early recommendations to prevent recurrence include:
- Maintain appropriate no-go zones and separation distances between light and heavy vehicles;
- Design, construct and maintain designated parking bays for LV’s near work areas;
- Include equipment specifications that include reversing cameras, rear and side mirrors and other visual aids.
Last Updated: 12/03/2020 03:28:51pm